Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Camping- Creative Embellishments

Hey there!
I don't know about you, but I am so ready for summer! Living in central Wisconsin, we get the snow and the cold. I like to scrap summer photos just to remind myself that it will soon be my favorite season again. I love the warm weather and being able to go outside without having to put boots, a jacket, hat and gloves on. Oh yeah, not to mention I'm a flip flop kind of girl.

 Today I am sharing a layout I created for Creative Embellishments, using the Camping Set along with the Crackled Brick Stencil. I used an older Echo Park line along with the Best Glue Ever for this fun page:

 

To create my background texture, I used the Crackled Brick Stencil along with modeling paste. When it was dry, I added some watercolor. For my "Camping" title, I painted the chipboard with white acrylic paint and then added three different colors of ink to it. I love how it turned out!

 

 I did the same technique with the campfire piece, but only using 2 colors of ink. It was super easy, since I popped the middle flame out before I started. Once it was dry, I placed it back in:

 

 For the compass, I just took an ink pad to it:
  

I did the same with the tent, easy peasy and I love how it looks! I took a few different colors of brown ink and inked the lantern:

 

 I added the same brown inks that I used on the lantern to this fun sign. Then I took a Sharpie and wrote the words on the arrows. The trees were fussy cut from a JilliBean paper:

 

I hope I have inspired you in some way today and if it's cold where you are, I hope I warmed you up a bit ;) Thanks for stopping by and stay scrappy!


2 comments :

  1. this is beyond awesome. I LOVE the background work

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely brings summer to mind! I'm so with you on the flip flops! I live over on the Minnesota shore of the Mississippi, so we're frozen here too! Can't wait for sandal season! Love the layout--your background mixed media work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!