Friday, November 18, 2016

50

Hey there friends,
I am here to share a layout I created for my mini crop challenge over at Creative Inspiration.
My challenge is to use a premade banner on your project.
I used Simple Stories Let's Party for this birthday layout of my friends and I celebrating my 50th in May:


I am a big fan of Missy Whidden's work and totally lifted her 40th birthday page. Her page looks so much better than mine, but I am happy with the way mine turned out.
I cut the "50" out using my Cameo and then added patterned paper behind it. Then I hand stitched around the numbers using embroidery floss.
I added some watercolor to my background and then started embellishing. The larger banner is a sticker that I adhered to white cardstock and then fussy cut around it. The smaller banners were fussycut from papers. I added a cute yellow frame and a few diecuts:


I fussy cut the letters for celebrate out of patterned paper and added a few fun pennants:


I added some more fun diecuts, an American Crafts Stamp and some Fancy Pants Sequins:


More diecuts, stamping and sequins:


I added a frame I cut in half to each side of the photo and added the "Hip hip hooray" diecut.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment :

  1. This is a wonderful bday page! I'm IN LOVE with the BIG 50!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and greatly appreciate them! Thank you for stopping by!